GET UPDATED by EMAIL

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, August 2, 2008

William Gallas: Captain of Arsenal This Season Too

It is official now that William Gallas will remain as the Captain of Arsenal this season too. To be honest with you, I am a big fan of Arsene Wenger and I have a lot of respect for him as the couch of Arsenal. But this decision shocked me because William Gallas was the Captain of Arsenal club last season. He failed to impress anyone and he hardly showed any leadership quality.

Telegraph wrote:

He famously lashed out at an advertising hoarding when James McFadden converted a penalty equaliser in the dying moments and then sat down on the centre circle in a solitary protest long after the final whistle.

"You know, I learnt a lot," admitted the 30-year-old. "You want to be the best captain, give good advice to your players but sometimes you can make mistakes as well, so I think this season I know what I'm going to do and I know I am ready to change my way to speak to the players."

So, there is a lot of expectations from all the fans. Can William Gallas perform and satisfy everyone this time? To know the answer, we will have to wait 9 more months.

No comments: